Maybe you fell asleep in your bed and woke up here. Maybe this is a stop on a road trip for you. You might have even come here on your own. No matter the circumstances, you're here now: in Any Town, USA. There's much worse places to be, though. In fact, this city was voted number two in the Top Ten Most Romantic Cities in the US by a very popular magazine. The weather's always nice, the people are friendly, and you can find anything you've ever dreamed of.
❤ T H ES E T T I N G – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Romance Dressing Room is set in the eponymously named The City. It's true name is unknown because the city officials wanted this town to feel like home, no matter where you're from. All of the locals have always called it The City.
The City is a medium-sized town, not too big and not too small. It is landlocked, but aside from that, there are no distinct landmarks or terrain that tells you exactly where you are. The locals speak with no discernible accent, as well. As for the weather, it is usually mild, with the occasional thunderstorm and snow. Like most cities its size, it has many attractions, including multiple movie theaters, clubs, an art museum, a multitude of delicious eateries, a skating rink, several parks, a baseball stadium, and a beautiful outdoors shopping center. More interesting than all these combined, though, is The City's little quirk:
The City is a multidimensional hub.
It's not printed on the tourism brochure, but The City acts as a portal to many different places, worlds, and even times. That means you might be stepping into a little Italian bistro and actually end up in a quaint Italian village. Or, how about stepping into that Gothic church and ending up in a castle in the Old Country? You could end up on the beach, in space, or even back in your own world. It all depends on The City's mood. There is one consistency in The City's actions, however; it loves to play matchmaker. You usually won't go on an adventure alone.
The City takes its title of second most romantic city very seriously.
❤ T H ER U L E S – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
1. This is a panfandom dressing room. All fandoms and OCs are allowed, as well as AUs.
2. There are no apps. Go ahead and join!
3. As this is a dressing room, expect duplicates/multiples. In fact, we encourage them! That's half the fun of a dressing room.
4. First and foremost, this is a romance/shipping DR. The basic gist of it is that this is a place for people to find others to play a romance with. This includes one-off romances or long, CR-building intensive ones. Everything to do with ships, romance, and fluff is welcome here.
5. We are het and slash friendly. Any homophobia will not be tolerated.
6. Be classy, you guys. This is also known as the Don't Be a Douchebag rule. It's what it says. Any flaming, anonymous trolling, un-anonymous trolling, making people feel uncomfortable, stalking, pressuring, what have you will get you banned. Sorry. We're all here to have fun, and we will not let you ruin it for anyone.
7. And now, the elephant in the room. Smut is allowed for the moment, as long as it is properly marked as such and cut. As of now, all smut MUST be f-locked. However, remember, the main purpose of this DR is romance and fluff, not smut. If you are looking for pure smut, we recommend you go to the_love_hotel. Also, if the mods think that the smut is overcrowding the romance and making the DR lose focus, we will try to steer things back in the right direction by putting a temporary ban on smut.
8. All potentially offensive content goes under a cut. Potentially offensive means mentions of rape, abuse, and the like.
9. Underage characters are allowed, but please be respectful of others' wishes if they do not want to play with your character.
10. Don't backseat mod. If you see a problem, report it to the mods.
❤ E T C E T E R A – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
❀ romancedressing: The IC community.
❀ romanceooc: The OOC community.
❀ romancemods: The Head Honchos.
Layout by thefulcrum